Antigua y Moderna will be hosting its festival and young artist program (Academy 2020) online from July 6-12th, 2020. The festival will focus on Handel's Giulio Cesare in Egitto, with possible other baroque works (cantatas) if applicants express interest in something other than the opera.
THE FESTIVAL WILL INCLUDE:
- vocal instruction (two 60-minute sessions)
- complete role coaching, including customized ornamented arias for every aria of your role
- Italian diction instruction
- complete translation sent to the singers, including breakdown of grammar
- lecture on Handel oratorio and opera
- complete recordings / backtracks (piano for orchestral music / harpsichord for recitatives)
FACULTY (click name for more)
APPLICATION AND FEES
Tuition for the week (for all of the above) is $300.00. Application fee is $10.00. Applications are due Monday, June 8th. Here is the application form in PDF.
To apply, send a video of yourself singing a selection in Italian or English which would be comparable to the role(s) to which you are applying. Videos made with a back-track are very much accepted this year.
Performances will be recorded remotely and then released serially, similar to a television series.
Here is the Schedule as of 6/13.
THE ROLES WE ARE CASTING ARE:
We are flexible regarding casting. For example, almost every role listed above can be done by different roles-fachs.
For tenors interested in the program, we are open to also doing a cantata of Handel, J.S. Bach, Rameau, or Telemann.